Today I took a vase made up of multiple parts and added a toe and heel so that it looks like a boot. The toe and heel are both hollow, but the piece is still very heavy because it's made up of so much clay. I plan to bisque it next week once it's dry, and then use some sort of brown glaze on it. This project will be my hand and wheel project.
Today I made a bird in a cage out of paper clay. I made the bars of the cage by rolling coils and attaching them to a flat base. The bird is sitting on a little perch in the middle, and it's very tiny and delicate.
I made a small elephant out of paper clay. He has a hollow belly, oversized ears, and a long trunk which all add to a cartoonish, cute look.
Today I made an origami butterfly with flappable wings with Addie and Jenae. We taught Aiyanna and Hannah how to make it, and learned how to make a crane from them.
Today my mug and bowl came out of the bisque. The bowl shrank more than I expected, but the mug still is a decent size, although the handle is a bit on the large side. I haven't glazed them yet, but I plan to experiment with different glaze combos or maybe even watercolors. I'd also like to try the pink glaze on one of them.
Today a threw a fairly large bowl. It's about 6 inches tall. I also footed my mug and my other bowl. I made sure to be intentional with how I footed it, and they ended up being some of my best foot rings that I've thrown. They're pretty even, and not severe- I went for a more rounded foot and natural rather than one that just looks like it was sliced into the clay. The mug's foot could probably be a little taller, but I was worried I'd cut through the bottom of it since it got rather thin.
Today my bowl came out of the glaze kiln. It's shadow green with metallic brown on the outside, and its about 4 inches tall.
Today we began the Frankenpot project. My team members are Maddy and Jenae. I'm in charge of throwing the base (in the picture), Maddy is throwing the middle, and Jenae is throwing the top. So far today I finished the base and Maddy started working on her part of it.
Today my vase and mug came out of the glaze kiln. The mug turned out well, with only one thinner patch of glaze, and the colors complement each other nicely. The colors of my vase also contrast well, with the brighter turquoise green and the natural looking clear on the exterior. However, with the vase there were a few large glaze-less spots on the inside. I'm unsure what happened, as I checked to make sure the entire interior was covered evenly with glaze